Explore New Frontiers In
- One of the largest community hospital groups in Ontario
- Over 4.5 million tests per year
- More than 33,000 surgical pathology cases annually
- Over 6,000 non-gynecological cytology cases annually
- More than 473,000 ambulatory care visits annually
- Over 7,800 births per year (the largest obstetrical program in the province)
- More than 12,950 inpatient operating room procedures annually
- Approximately 44,300 day surgery procedures per year
- Serves approximately 1 million area residents in a geographical area of over 2,000 square kilometers
William Osler Health System (Osler) is one of the largest community hospitals in Ontario, comprised of two acute care hospitals - Etobicoke General and Brampton Civic – as well as the Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, also in Brampton. Osler offers a wide range of health services, with care provided by skilled health professionals working in multidisciplinary teams. Osler’s commitment to the community is to provide healthcare that puts patients and their families first.
We are seeking a Hematopathologist tojoinateam of14 Pathologists,1MedicalMicrobiologist,1PhDChemistand over 100 Medical Technologists. Expertise in peripheral blood and body fluid morphologic assessment, bone marrow pathology and flow cytometry are essential. The Department is hoping to expand services in the areas of hemoglobinopathy assessment, thrombosis and hemostasis-related laboratory testing, hence expertise in these areas is also highly desirable. Expertise in lymph node pathology is also desirable, but not essential to this position. Preference will be given to individuals with a minimum 3-5years’ experience, although new graduates will also be considered. Thesuccessfulapplicantmustbelicensedto practiceinOntario, or be eligible for same,andhaveRoyalCollegecertificationinHematologicalorGeneral Pathology, or equivalent certification.
If youare interested injoining ourteam of14 Pathologists,1MedicalMicrobiologist,1PhDChemistand over 100 Technologists as well asworking inanorganizationthatispoisedfor tremendous growth and development, please forward your curriculum vitae by July 31, 2017.
Medical Staff Office
Attention: Dr. Brian Olsen, Chief Laboratory Medicine
2100 Bovaird Drive East, Brampton, ON L6R 3J7
Tel: (905) 494-2120 Fax: (905) 494-6206