Health PEI is seeking one full-time Anesthetist to work at the Prince County Hospital located in the city of Summerside, Prince Edward Island to join a team with a complement of three specialists. Approval to increase the complement to four is actively being sought. We would welcome an experienced colleague or newly qualified resident.
• Prince County Hospital, a 110-bed regional hospital, supports two operating rooms, pre-anesthesia clinics and a developing acute pain service. Anesthetists are also expected to assist in difficult intubations in the ER and ICU and assist in paediatric resuscitation.
• Prince County Hospital provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT, visiting Orthopaedics and Plastics, and Psychiatry.
• Teaching opportunities exist and the department aims to provide a high standard of care with keen and enthusiastic specialists.
• On-call is shared equally, and post on-call is off with locum cover for CME/Vacation.
HOURS OF WORK:
• 37.5 hours per week
• This is a salary position.
• On call services are paid on a fee for service basis over and above the base salary.
• For the salary model and benefits package, go to Master Agreement
• Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
• Opportunity to teach medical students and residents with faculty appointment from Dalhousie University.
• Must have Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification.
• Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Summerside is PEI’s second largest city, located in the western part of the province and provides opportunity for family life, sports, recreation, arts and cultural interests.
Prince Edward Island is a beautiful place to live and offers a fantastic outdoor lifestyle, with a great work life balance. Schooling includes excellent elementary schools, including French Immersion, and French and English junior and high school options; The University of Prince Edward Island, is located in Charlottetown, and Holland College has sites across the Island.
For further information contact:
Dr. Wassim Salamoun
East Prince Health Medical Director
65 Roy Boates Ave.
P.O. Box 3000
Summerside, PE C1N 2A9
Send CV to:
Sheila MacLean, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8