Health PEI is currently seeking psychiatrists for various openings within Prince Edward Island's healthcare system.
Health PEI has exciting job opportunities in Psychiatry! Full-time and locum opportunities are available for general psychiatrists, as well as those with sub-specialty experience in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Forensic Psychiatry; and Geriatric Psychiatry.
Psychiatrists will provide consultation and care for referred inpatients and outpatients. Participation in on-call/ECT roster as defined by specialty service is also required.
Full-time positions have the option of choosing salary or fee-for-service; while locum opportunities shall be paid on a contract for services basis with a requirement of 37.5 hours of work per week. On-call coverage is paid fee-for-service and is in addition to the hourly rate.
- Must have Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
- Preference to psychiatrists with Canadian psychiatry work experience; US Boards may be acceptable
Full-time psychiatrists are eligible for:
- $40,000 Return-in-Service (RIS) grant for three years of committed practice;
- Moving allowance – minimum of $5,000 and maximum of $10,000 attached to a three-year RIS commitment.
- Opportunity to teach medical students and residents with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School.
- Option of choosing fee-for-service or salary payment modality.
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office.
- CPOE - computerized provider order entry system
- View the Master Agreement between the PEI Medical Society, Health PEI, and the Government of Prince Edward Island for full benefit details. For details on the Master Agreement, contact persons listed below.
*Locums are eligible to receive support through the Locum Support Program. For more details, contact persons listed below.
Dr. Heather Keizer, Chief Mental Health and Addiction Services, Health PEI, email@example.com, (902) 368-5411
Calleen Gillis, Recruitment & Retention Secretariat, firstname.lastname@example.org, (902) 620-3874