Explore New Frontiers in Laboratory Medicine
- One of the largest community hospital groups in Ontario
- Over 4.5 million tests per year
- More than 33,000 surgical pathology cases annually
- Over 6,000 non-gynecological cytology cases annually
- More than 473,000 ambulatory care visits annually
- Over 7,800 births per year (the largest obstetrical program in the province)
- More than 12,950 inpatient operating room procedures annually
- Approximately 44,300 day surgery procedures per year
- Serves approximately 1 million area residents in a geographical area of over 2,000 square kilometers
William Osler Health System (Osler) is one of the largest community hospitals in Ontario, comprised of two acute care hospitals - Etobicoke General and Brampton Civic – as well as Peel Memorial in Brampton, which has recently been redeveloped and is now known as the Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness. Osler offers a wide range of health services, with care provided by skilled health professionals working in multidisciplinary teams. Osler’s commitment to the community is to provide healthcare in a manner that puts patients and their families first.
We are seeking an Anatomic or General Pathologist to join a team of 14 Pathologists, 1 Medical Microbiologist,1 PhD Chemist and over 100 Medical Technologists. Expertise in breast pathology is preferred, along with a minimum 3-5 years’ experience, although new graduates will also be considered, and subspecialty expertise is not essential. The successful applicant must be licensed to practice in Ontario and have Royal College certification in Anatomical or General Pathology, or equivalent certification.
If you are interested in joining our team of 14 Pathologists, 1 Medical Microbiologist, 1 PhD Chemist and over 100 Technologists as well as working in an organization that is poised for tremendous growth and development, please forward your curriculum vitae by August 15, 2017.
Medical Staff Office
Attention: Dr. Brian Olsen, Chief Laboratory Medicine
2100 Bovaird Drive East, Brampton, ON L6R 3J7
Tel: (905) 494-2120 • Fax: (905) 494-6206