Health PEI is seeking one full time Anesthetist to work at the Prince County Hospital located in the city of Summerside, Prince Edward Island to join a team with a complement of three specialists. Approval to increase the complement to four is actively being sought. We would welcome an experienced colleague, or newly qualified resident. Health PEI is also seeking locum Anesthetists.
Prince County Hospital, a 110-bed regional hospital, supports two operating rooms, pre-anesthesia clinics and a developing acute pain service. Anesthetists are also expected to assist in difficult intubations in the ER and ICU and assist in paediatric resuscitation. Prince County Hospital provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT, visiting Orthopaedics and Plastics and Psychiatry.
Teaching opportunities exist and the department aims to provide a high standard of care with keen and enthusiastic specialists. On-call is shared equally, and post on-call is off with locum cover for CME/Vacation.
- Return-in-Service Grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
- Opportunity to teach medical students and residents with faculty appointment from Dalhousie University.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Coverage of licensing fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI and the Medical Society of PEI.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June-September and $150/day worked October-May up to a maximum of $7500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
- Must have Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification.
- Must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY:
Summerside is PEI’s second largest city, located in the western part of the province and provides opportunity for family life, sports, recreation, arts and cultural interests.
Prince Edward Island is a beautiful place to live and offers a fantastic outdoor lifestyle, with a great work life balance. Schooling includes excellent elementary schools, including French Immersion, and French and English junior and high school options; The University of Prince Edward Island, is located in Charlottetown, and Holland College has sites across the Island.
For further information contact:
Dr. Wassim Salamoun, East Prince Health Medical Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, (902) 432-8181
Send CV to:
Sheila MacLean, Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8