INFECTIOUS DISEASES SPECIALIST
Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre
Fraser Health is inviting applications for an Infectious Diseases specialist. We are enhancing our infectious diseases services at Abbotsford Regional Hospital (ARH) and Mission Memorial Hospital in the Fraser Valley.
FH is organized by Regional Departments and Divisions. The ID specialist will be a member of and contribute to the Division of Infectious Diseases in the Regional Department of Medicine.
The successful candidate will:
- be required to practice primarily in the Abbotsford Health Service area
- provide clinical service (infectious diseases) and consultations in corroboration with another ID specialist
- Maintain highest standards of best clinical and professional practice • Participate in appropriate staff, department meetings and committees
- Maintain strong collegial links with other ID members, members of the Department of Medicine, and with Hospitalists involved in the day to day care of medical patients
- Provide leadership in development of patient management strategies and other projects.
- Provide ongoing supervision, mentorship, and teaching of medical students and residents (application for Clinical Faculty appointment at UBC required)
- Provide on call coverage within established on call roster
- FRCPC or equivalent designation in Infectious Disease
- Eligibility for full license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC
Facility: Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre
Abbotsford Regional Hospital & Cancer Centre is a 272 bed, University of BC affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology and tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 79,289 visits annually.
Full/Part Time/Locum/Temporary: Full Time
- CPSBC Provisional