The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) Emergency Program is seeking an outstanding Emergency Physician for the role of Site Medical Director at the St. Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg, Manitoba starting on May 1, 2018.
Jointly reporting to the WRHA Medical Director, Emergency Program and to the St. Boniface Hospital Chief Medical Officer, this full-time position (0.4 administrative and 0.6 clinical) is responsible for:
- providing medical leadership to the St. Boniface Emergency Department to ensure effective and efficient delivery of quality care
- participating in planning and coordinating the Emergency Department’s clinical activities within the region-wide Emergency Program
The WRHA is mandated to provide services with the hospitals in the Winnipeg region, in an integrated and cost-effective way. Within the Authority, there are three community hospital emergency departments, two tertiary EDs, one urgent care and many community-based services, programs and facilities. The WRHA is in the midst of a hospital consolidation process that will see St Boniface ED assume an even more prominent role within the region.
St. Boniface Hospital is a tertiary, teaching and research hospital affiliated with the University of Manitoba and is the regional cardiac centre for the province of Manitoba. The SBH Emergency Department is actively involved in residency training at all levels, including robust FRCP-EM and CCFP-EM programs.
- must be eligible for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba
- Specialty certification in Emergency Medicine
- strong clinical and leadership skills
- a record of academic/scholarly activity is preferred
- prior administrative experience in Emergency Medicine is preferred
- a competitive remuneration package is available
Applications are encouraged from any and all qualified candidates; however priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.