Sales & Marketing Representative - Position Description
Position: Sales and Marketing
Location: GTA (Toronto)
Date: February 6th 2017
Supervisor: Sales Manager
The Sales and Marketing Representative is responsible for aggregate sales & marketing in the Greater Toronto Area. This individual has clearly defined sales and marketing objectives and accountabilities. These include a detailed budget outlining monthly sales expectations by source, product mix,, and customer. The Sales and Marketing Representative is responsible for aggregate sales & marketing activities in the GTA. This includes customer relations, forecasting sales, managing budgets, credit and collections, project management, specifier management, systematic collection of market intelligence, and making the time to be a leader in our COR objectives for a safe work environment at all locations.
1. Safety: Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Ensures vehicle is operated and maintained according to best practices. Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and any of our Aggregate operations. Cognizant of all hazards to both self and others at all Aggregate locations, and Customers offices and sites. Actively approaching others when the incident does not satisfy our safety best practices.
2. Sales Results: This role will be responsible for achieving volume/share and price objectives for his/her territory.
3. Strategy: Assists in the formulation of sales & marketing strategies, especially for the assigned territory. Executes the strategies as defined in order to drive value for both the Aggregates Group, the Asphalt and Recycled Group and all Customers.
4. Customer Management: Identifies and understands current and unmet needs for existing and potential customers and translates into sales opportunities. Understands, communicates and captures the value of products and services to the customer. Establishes effective relationships with the customers; based on quality products, services and convenience. Determines the volume, price, freight and other supply-related details for existing and potential customers (and customer segments).
5. Competitor Activity: Identify the source of competitive supply into the respective territory. Understand the quality of products, services, and resources employed by relevant competitors. Continuously monitor competitor activity, communicate and recommend any necessary actions.
6. Market Activity Management: Proactively track and manage construction activity in the GTA market. Understand existing product specifications, identify and recommend opportunities. Identify relevant issues that may affect product supply. Understand Halton Crushed Stone and Lee Sand & Gravels’ current market position and continuously monitor the same.
7. Forecasting: Based on sales, production capacities, backlog and market intelligence, develops accurate forecasting and action plans to meet targets. Tracks and interprets market indicators in order to understand key drivers of aggregate demand.
8. Vertical Integration Coordination: Sales and Marketing Representative will coordinate closely with other product line personnel to ensure effective customer and market coordination. In addition, will actively look for solutions and sales to support other divisions in there objectives.
9. Communication & Coordination: Document & communicate customer complaints and work with the Customer Service team to ensure they are addressed in a timely and effective manner. Work closely with Dispatch, Scale Personnel, Customer Service, Sales, Operations, our Strategic Partners and other internal personnel to promote an effective work environment.
10. Administration: Responsible for generating quotes, forecasts, and other reports necessary to effectively manage their objectives. Utilization of various sales, credit and inventory tools along with ongoing coordination with other sales, operations and customer service personnel. The Sales and Marketing Representative will directly enter quotations and perform error resolution at the quote level. He/she documents market information and distributes accordingly, prepares required reports in a concise and timely manner and will be responsible for credit and collections.
11. AR/Collection: The Sales and Marketing Representative is ultimately responsible for customer account.
•Achieving volume, price and other market-specific objectives.
•Collecting market intelligence and thoroughly understanding the aggregate market in the assigned market area.
•Developing effective and long lasting relationships with our key customers.
•Differentiating Halton Crushed Stone and Lee Sand & Gravel from the competition.
•Performing effective administration in order to ensure “right-first-time” invoices and communicate in a professional and concise manner.
•Administrative effort within Eclipse, and all data management tools we utilize.
•Annual and Monthly sales forecast accuracy
•Annual and Monthly budgeting for expenses, sales volumes and price improvements
•AR/collection in a timely manner