Transportation System Electrical Technician
Do you want to contribute to public safety on Ontario's highways? If so, then consider this opportunity to apply your knowledge of electrical and Advanced Traffic Management Systems such as the Ministry of Transportation's “COMPASS” system to repair and maintain highway traffic control and safety equipment using leading edge technology.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Operate and maintain electronic testing equipment to locate operational problems, identify and execute repairs
• Install, maintain, test and repair electrical and Advanced Traffic Management Systems such as video and data transmission systems
• Ensure safe operation of vehicles, aerial and auguring devices
• Provide technical guidance to contractors and staff
• Maintain records of equipment repairs and modifications
How do I qualify?
• Certificate of Qualification in Electrician Construction and Maintenance with Electronics endorsement (309A or 309D)
• Valid Ontario Class 'G' driver's licence with ability to get 'DZ' endorsement
Electrical and Electronic Knowledge and Skills:
• You have knowledge of Ontario Electrical Safety Code
• You have experience in the repair and maintenance of electronic and electrical equipment in accordance with Code requirements
• You have knowledge of electrical and electronic theory
• You have the ability to read and interpret electrical drawings, wiring diagrams and schematic drawings
• You have the ability to use electric and electronic test equipment
Knowledge of Advanced Traffic Management Systems:
• You have knowledge of the theories and operation of Advanced Traffic Management Systems
• You have analytical, problem-solving and communication skills to analyze and solve complex technical problems and work in groups
• You have organizational skills to maintain records of equipment and repairs
Salary Range: $27.34 - $29.74 per hour
- 2 Permanent, 1200 South Service Rd, Winona, West Region
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 1200 South Service Rd, Winona, West Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 105172, by Wednesday, March 22, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.