Change Your Career for the Better.
As a recipient of hundreds of awards and accolades, Reid’s Heritage Homes is a world-class organization. With growing communities across the province, offering home styles from mid-rise condo suites to custom estates and active adult communities, our family-owned company is celebrating over 35 years in business. We are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for 2016, and we strive to employ highly skilled individuals who both exemplify and live out our Core Values. Our team members are passionate about their work, and their high energy and creativity drive innovation. As a result, our team is growing. We invite you to take this opportunity, and be a part of the momentum!
Landscape Maintenance Labourer
If you are punctual, reliable and prepared for work, complete your duties diligently using a team-oriented approach, and can handle extensive outdoor physical activity, consider joining our team as a full-time Landscape Maintenance Labourer at the Village by the Arboretum (VBA). Reporting to the Landscape Maintenance Manager, VBA, and working under general supervision, you will perform garden and horticultural duties for the grounds crew. You will be required to ensure high standards in terms of safety, work ethic and quality during your day-to-day routine in order to maintain the customer’s and Company’s expected quality standards.
As part of your duties and responsibilities as a Landscape Maintenance Labourer, you will:
- Follow and consistently demonstrate Reid’s Heritage Group of Companies Core Values.
- Portray a positive and professional image to customers through safety, work ethic and attitude.
- Immediately direct all customer concerns to the Landscape Maintenance Crew Leader to allow for quick resolution.
- Ensure that daily landscape maintenance work is completed fully and on time to customer and Reid’s Heritage Group (RHG) standards, and that the site is left clean, tidy and visually sharp.
- Follow all Company and industry safety guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Communicate effectively and precisely with crew members and your crew leader.
- Complete pruning, planting and maintenance to standards before moving on to another site.
- Perform spring and fall clean-up: pruning, removal of leaves, bed edging and cultivating.
- Perform bed maintenance: cultivate, plant, rake and edge.
- Perform lawn care maintenance: cut, line trim, and power edge.
- Perform winter maintenance duties: shrub and tree pruning, installation and removal of seasonal decorations, twining, burlap hedging, snow preparations, snow clearing / removal and salting.
- Report immediately, to the Crew Leader, any concerns, questions or problems with equipment, as well as any safety issues seen during the day-to-day routine.
- Ensure that instruction given is fully understood; otherwise, ask questions.
- Report immediately, to your Crew Leader, all accidents and damages, as well as injuries (minor cuts, bruises, sunburn, etc.), and record on the form any product(s) used from the first aid box.
- Work at the pace of your crew, taking breaks as instructed.
The Landscape Maintenance Labourer we seek will have the following:
- Commitment to our organization’s progressive culture, including our company Core Values
- Horticultural experience (an asset).
- Class G driver’s licence.
- Clean driver’s abstract.
- WHMIS training.
- Ability to work well with others and be approachable.
- Physical ability to carry out extensive outdoor physical activity involving repetitive motions, bending, lifting, pruning, shoveling, raking, and operating lawn and snow clearing equipment commonly used in the industry.
If you have a lot to offer, we have a lot to give! Add your energy to ours and join the Reid’s Heritage Homes team by submitting your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the title of the position, by Wednesday, March 29, 2017, or by completing our online Job Application Form. For more information, visit www.reidsheritagehomes.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in these positions; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.