Senior Capital Projects Manager
Are you a strategic-minded and service-oriented team player with a track record of successful project delivery? Can you take an innovative or creative approach to fitting-up workspaces to meet the unique requirements of a diverse range of clients? Are you able to build and maintain positive client relationships? If so, here is an opportunity to showcase your talent in the Operations Unit, Corporate Planning and Services Division at Cabinet Office.
The Corporate Planning and Services Division provides a wide range of corporate services and support to the Office of the Premier, the Office of the Government House Leader and Cabinet Office. Services include: leading corporate projects and planning exercises and initiatives; controllership, financial planning and procurement; human resources support; administrative and accommodation services; and information technology services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Senior Capital Projects Manager, you will:
- work closely with the ministry and Office of the Premier to support the implementation and coordination of the ministry's accommodations and project delivery needs
- define requirements and implement the ministry's long-range investment strategies and plans
- consult and coordinate with ministry clients, stakeholders and service providers to ensure the corporate objectives are met; build and maintain relationships
- provide expert technical advice to ministry programs and senior management and stakeholders
- be a key resource for the further development of a professional project management function in the ministry
Location: Whitney Block, Queen’s Park, Toronto
How do I qualify?
- You have demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of accommodations, capital project delivery, facilities management and planning, with emphasis on a public sector context
- You have a proven ability to develop facility strategies, plans and associated business cases to support senior management decision-making
- You have knowledge of architectural design, facilities building codes, legislation, health and safety regulations, space planning, ergonomics, barrier-free requirements, security construction and inspection practices
Project management and organizational skills:
- You have a proven ability to plan, direct and control multiple large-scale projects (including procurement planning and contracts administration)
- You have demonstrated success in coordinating service relationships, project teams and their activities
Interpersonal and communication skills:
- You bring proven consultation and negotiation skills to provide sound advice to senior management, clients, and other stakeholders
- You have the ability to produce effective written correspondence, reports, project templates and other documentation
Analyzing and problem-solving skills:
You have a demonstrated ability to:
- assess client requirements and develop options or solutions
- analyze requests and data and prepare financial and analytical reports for management
- negotiate solutions with several competing interests, identify project gaps and delays and prioritize project workload requirements
- You have proficiency with computer applications such as spreadsheets, presentation, word processing and computer-aided drafting software programs
- You also have experience using project management and database information systems, correspondence logging and tracking systems, and records/retention systems
Salary Range: $75,444 - $97,373 per annum
- 1 Temporary (up to 12 months, with possibility of extension)
- Less qualified candidates may be also considered on an underfill basis.
- The successful candidate may be required to undergo a satisfactory criminal reference check prior to the commencement of employment.
Please apply by e-mail, with a resume and a covering letter (in one document, not exceeding five (5) pages combined), and quoting File CO 5-17-18 (Job ID 107124), by Wednesday, May 3, 2017, to:
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.