Our client, one of Canada’s largest commercial mortgage lenders, is now expanding into construction and development financing. Our client works in a fluid and fast-paced environment that is supportive of efficient and motivated individuals who pride themselves on being flexible and results-driven.
Our client is seeking a Funding Officer who will focus on establishing funding requirements for our client’s construction program for various commercial assets, including condo construction, CMHC insured, non-profit, care facilities and industrial across Canada. The ability to maintain positive working relationship with different departments, brokers, customers, solicitors, CMHC and third party professionals is a must.
Reporting to the Risk Manager, Construction the successful candidate will be joining a hardworking and dynamic team of Analysts, Risk Managers, Funders and Account Managers.
Key Responsibilities for the Funding Officer, Construction role are as follows:
- Funds and administrates construction mortgages, managing the lifecycle of the loan from inception (LOI), commitment letter, funding to payout;
- Confirms appropriate approvals and security requirements have been received and maintained throughout the lifecycle of the mortgage, demonstrated knowledge of the unique aspects of each real estate asset class;
- Prove understanding of construction loans and unique customer needs;
- Administrates and maintains integrity of loan files in order to be audit ready;
- Maintains positive relations with key corporate partners including investors, solicitors, corporate clients and government agencies;
- Liaises with solicitors, originators and/or brokers, and Credit Risk Management, to ensure that all supporting documents and pre-funding conditions have been received and satisfied prior to advancing funds;
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures, legal, ethical, and regulatory requirements.
Qualifications involved for the Funding Officer, Construction role include:
- Have 5+ years of funding experience in the construction real estate lending and financing industry;
- Have completed an undergraduate degree in one of the following concentrations: business administration, accounting, finance, or real estate;
- Be very knowledgeable about commercial real estate acts including lien acts and land titles in BC and ON; in all provinces would be considered an asset;
- Be very results-driven and possess strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail;
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to adapt to a variety of responsibilities;
- Have a passion for real estate combined with an understanding of financial analysis;
- Take ownership of your work and demonstrate a high degree of accountability and commitment at all times;
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and are able to work well independently as well as within a team environment.
If you have a Construction Real Estate Lending background, and looking to work in an incredibly professional, yet dynamic and enjoyable corporate culture, then email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing file #05090-0009280020 Funding Officer, Construction.