Change Your Career for the Better.
As a recipient of hundreds of awards and accolades, Reid’s Heritage Homes is a world-class organization. With growing communities across the province, offering home styles from mid-rise condo suites to custom estates and active adult communities, our family-owned company is celebrating over 39 years in business. We are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for 2017, and we strive to employ highly skilled individuals who both exemplify and live out our Core Values. Our team members are passionate about their work, and their high energy and creativity drive innovation. As a result, our team is growing. We invite you to take this opportunity, and be a part of the momentum!
Field Serviceperson (Port Elgin and surrounding area)
If you are safety conscious, hardworking, professional at all times and able to work under pressure, both on your own and in a team environment, consider joining our team as a Field Serviceperson at our communities in the Port Elgin and surrounding area.
Reporting to the Field Superintendent, you will assist with all aspects of maintaining a clean, safe and organized worksite, as well as inspect and liaise with the Field Superintendent and trades to ensure jobs are complete and any identified errors are resolved. You will also complete all work and finishing details prior to all Occupancy Inspections.
As a Field Serviceperson, you will be an extension of the Field Superintendent, reporting and addressing unsafe conditions, providing daily updates, evaluating needs and requesting supplies, and reporting potential production set-backs and problems. In this role, you will also be an advocate of Reid’s Heritage Homes, with a focus on ensuring exceptional customer service and continuous improvement, while following Health and Safety standards and all Reid’s Heritage Homes’ rules and regulations.
As part of your duties and responsibilities as a Field Serviceperson, you will:
- Follow and consistently demonstrate Reid’s Heritage Group of Companies Core Values
- Act as a back-up when the Field Superintendent is off-site
- Service work on house – from the framing stage to occupancy, including items on QA and PDI
- Inspect framing upon its completion and ensure all “identified” deficiencies are addressed and completed prior to the “Second Inspection” and/or Insulation Inspection
- Repair all outstanding discrepancies before insulating and dry-walling, and report back to the Field Superintendent for the purposes of cost adjustments on trade billings
- Perform all major drywall repairs prior to final painting and subsequent closing
- Ensure the house is ready for the “Walk-through/Occupancy” inspections, using the QA and PDI checklist, and leave the checklist in the house on the kitchen counter to accommodate the pending “Walk-through/Occupancy” inspections
- Complete outstanding PDI items prior to closing, as per the PDI list, and submit completed paperwork to the Field Superintendent and Project Manager, Northern Communities prior to closing
- After closing, tend to outstanding PDI items within one week and as per the direction of the Field Superintendent and Project Manager, Northern Communities
- Continuing service work – tend to 30 Day List items and others, as instructed by the Project Manager, Northern Communities
- Install safety rails and ramps whenever and wherever needed
- Perform interior and exterior caulking, as required
- Perform other duties, as required by Field Superintendent
- Provide own hand tools and equipment to complete tasks
- Attend training courses, as required: WHMIS, Fall Arrest & any other Health & Safety advised courses.
- Framing – complete frame check and ensure that windows, doors & walls are level, all openings are the proper size, room dimensions are correct, backing and blocking is in place, studs are plumb and straight, and special details are completed
- Report errors to Field Superintendent and Framer, and direct Framer to address the concerns
- Address repairs, as required, fix squeaky floors, build aprons for soaker tubs, and ensure shower (for door application), tubs and whirlpools are level and secured
- Gas-proof garages
- Apply insulating foam to all plumbing vent pipes exiting house to attic
- Ensure phone and cable rough-ins are secured in the basement
- Seal all exterior penetrations.
- Secure stairs to walls with required screws and shims (to prevent movement)
- Make sure the “Trimmer” has installed ¼ round for all exterior doors and ceramic floors
- Ensure attic cover is built and has two (2) pieces of insulation glued to its backside.
The Field Serviceperson we seek will have the following:
- Commitment to our organization’s progressive culture, including our company Core Values
- Trustworthiness with a good work ethic
- At least 5 years’ experience in a construction service related field
- Carpenter’s ticket or related paperwork
- Ability to work with drywall, framing, carpet re-work, minor electrical, minor plumbing, exterior work (brick, parging, etc.)
- Valid Class G driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract
- Ability to work with power tools and provide own tools
- Fall Arrest certificate of training
- Green Book training
- WHMIS training
- Safety focus
- Ability to work well independently, in a team environment and under pressure
- Physical ability to perform repetitive tasks, stand for extended periods of time, work from heights with fall arrest, lift heavy objects, and operate equipment and tools.
If you have a lot to offer, we have a lot to give! Add your energy to ours and join the Reid’s Heritage Homes team by submitting your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, specifying the title of the position. For more information, visit www.reidsheritagehomes.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.