Change Your Career for the Better.
RHC is a proactive Construction and Design Management firm that takes a holistic approach to the building process. From inception to occupancy, the strength and transparency of our integrated process develops smarter teams that deliver a better build, every time. We are looking for new team members that want to change the way buildings are designed and constructed.
We are proud to have been named one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers for 2017. This family-owned company employs team members who exemplify and live out our Core Values. If you want to be a part of this exciting organization, then RHC has a place for you.
As the team leader on the construction site, you’ll ensure the delivery of quality projects on schedule and on budget, with a focus on safe building practices and optimal customer satisfaction. Reporting to the Project Manager, you will provide leadership and expertise, and represent Reid’s Heritage Construction Ltd. as an ambassador of excellence. As a Site Supervisor in this exciting opportunity, based in the Cambridge / Guelph / Kitchener area, you will also be expected to ensure that the project meets or exceeds the quality standards set by the project documents.
As a Site Supervisor, you will play a key role in our success as you:
- Follow and consistently demonstrate Reid’s Heritage Group of Companies Core Values and Leadership Drivers.
- Supervise, coordinate, and plan activities of site personnel, sub-trades and other contractors.
- Assist in determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and document actual hours worked.
- Maintain daily site log documenting work progress, deficiencies, and follow-up action required.
- Ensure complete, up-to-date project documents (drawings, specifications, change notices, etc.) are maintained on site at all times, and confirm site personnel and sub-trades are working with the most current documentation.
- Ensure that job site is kept clean and clear of debris and hazards at all times through enforcing trade clean-up requirements and regular inspection.
- Maintain job site safety board throughout entire duration of project and ensure all signage and demarcation of work areas are in place at all times.
- Maintain liaison with the Project Manager’s office, consultants and authorities to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications and local codes.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Monitor site personnel and sub-trade compliance with health and safety requirements, and document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Enforce RHC Health and Safety policy, and ensure all personnel attending site have had proper safety orientation and have RHC Safety decals visible on their hard hats.
- Ensure all required inspections, materials, equipment, etc., and support personnel activities are coordinated with project schedule.
- Perform additional assignments per Project Manager’s direction.
- Communicate problems and information requests efficiently to avoid schedule disruption and unplanned costs.
As a Site Supervisor, you will apply your:
- Commitment to our organization’s progressive culture, including our company Core Values and Leadership Drivers.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in ICI projects, with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Engineering or Architectural degree (an asset).
- Valid class G driver’s licence and clean driver’s abstract.
- Proven knowledge of construction technology, documentation, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures.
- Good understanding of construction scheduling, cost control, and quality control, and excellent ability to supervise and direct groups of trades and personnel.
- Strong knowledge of construction site operations, including Occupational Health and Safety compliance.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving capabilities and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the project management team.
- Computer literacy (an asset), i.e., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, VolView/AutoCAD.
- Ability to travel, as needed, to job site locations, with some projects requiring working out-of-town for extended stays (i.e., hotel from Monday to Friday, and home on weekends).
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects, as well as operate equipment and tools, and handle construction materials in performance of construction tasks.
Our growing company offers exceptional potential for long-term career opportunity. Add your energy to ours and join the RHC team by submitting your cover letter and resume, by Monday, July 31, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our company, please visit our website at www.rhcbuilds.ca.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.