Strategy Specialist TP
The Ministry of Labour needs your expertise to lead, co-ordinate and perform specialized research and analysis in areas of transfer payment funding policy and programs related to occupational health and safety for the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• conduct high profile, complex and specialized research, analysis and synthesis either independently or as part of a project team as it relates to transfer payment and funding
• prepare major analytical works and options papers, including strategic research and policy papers, briefing documents, presentations and interpretations for ministry executives
• lead and participate in concurrent complex strategy projects, manage project activities, including performance monitoring and reporting, resolve issues, and deliver timely, complete results
• provide expert advice on provincial occupational health and safety strategies, policies and, programs
• build and contribute to strong working relationships and networks that promote effective linkages, stakeholder engagement and information sharing
• brief management team on complex, politically sensitive or controversial issues that may have implications for proposed or existing strategies or policies
How do I qualify?
• you have the ability to acquire knowledge of Ontario Public Service (OPS) financial and business processes, including transfer payment funding
• you have the ability to acquire knowledge of the programs and legislation (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations) related to the prevention of workplace injuries and illnesses
• you have experience with policy, legislation, regulation and program development, and operational planning
Research and Analytical Skills:
• you have strong research and analytical skills to conduct high profile, complex and sensitive research and analysis
• you are able to develop briefing documents, interpret data and research to provide advice on trends, contentious issues, and policy or program impacts
• you are able to understand implications, envision consequences, manage details while keeping in mind the big picture to interpret findings and develop alternatives and provide sound advice
• you have experience developing financial recommendations on funding and risk managing issues as they relate to budget surpluses, deficits and fund realignment
Communication, Consultation and Relationship Management Skills:
• you have strong oral and written communication skills to consult with peers and experts, provide advice, prepare non-routine, sensitive correspondence and other material
• you have relationship management and persuasion skills to foster and sustain effective working relationships and partnerships with diverse groups of people
• you have consultation, advisory and facilitation skills to establish and manage working groups and facilitate discussion with staff and external stakeholders
Project Management Skills:
• you have strong project management skills to work in a high pressure environment, manage issue analysis and coordination, lead and participate in concurrent projects
• you have knowledge of project management methods, techniques, practices, standards and tools
• you are able to meet deadlines and achieve deliverables
Salary: $64,434 - $92,846 per year
- 2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possibility of extension), 10 Dundas St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Friday, August 18, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 110440 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.