Quality Assurance Coordinator
We are looking for a dynamic team player with strong auditing and analytical skills to provide our branch in the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change with specialized expertise in quality assurance and assessment for a range of analytical methods and data.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Actively participate in the branch quality management system review
• Create, review and update branch quality documentation
• Develop, recommend, implement and monitor new and existing quality control, quality assurance and quality management procedures
• Provide advice, guidance and direction to staff
• Work in accordance with Ministry, branch and section Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in a safe manner including compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
How do I qualify?
Scientific and Technical Knowledge
• You know the principles and practices of analytical sciences, laboratory methods, quality control, quality assurance and quality management as it applies to analytical testing
• You have experience in one or more scientific disciplines (e.g. microbiology, inorganic and organic chemistry, physics) directly related to laboratory testing and practices of science as applied to methods, SOPs and quality control actions and quality assurance practice
• You understand the theory and practice of national and international audit standards for laboratory quality systems (i.e. ISO/IEC 17025)
• You can interpret and apply legislation (i.e. Safe Drinking Water Act, Environmental Protection Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act), statutes, regulations (i.e. WHMIS), policies and procedures that relate to laboratory operations, data quality management, methods and data reporting requirements
Statistical and Computer Knowledge
• You have knowledge of and can apply statistical methods
• You have experience using computer software applications such as laboratory information management systems (LIMS), word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation and statistical analysis programs
Communication, Interpersonal, and Organizational Skills
• You can communicate technical data to non-technical staff in a clear manner
• You can draft written materials such as reports and correspondence
• You work well with others and can negotiate timelines and other matters
• You are able to demonstrate diplomacy, tact, and sensitivity as required
• You are highly organized and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities, perform numerous tasks concurrently and with frequent interruptions
Problem-solving, Analytical and Decision-Making Skills
• You can identify and address problems by determining an appropriate course of action for resolution
• You can analyze and assess test findings
• You make informed decisions when selecting appropriate statistical methods to apply to data analysis and assessment
Salary Range: $1,216.18 - $1,443.88 per week
- 1 Permanent, 125 Resources Rd, Etobicoke, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Thursday, December 8, 2016, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 98994 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.