We are seeking a Patent Scientist to join our chemical patent practice group, based in our Ottawa office.
As a Patent Scientist, you will learn many of the technical aspects of patent preparation and procurement and you will be directly involved in obtaining patent protection for our clients’ innovations.
• Analysing and amending patent applications based on client instructions
• Preparing communications to liaise between clients and the Patent Office
• Managing file flow in light of deadlines
• Interacting as part of our dynamic chemical patent prosecution team
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• University degree in Chemistry
• Strong technical knowledge and reasoning skills
• Strong written and oral communication abilities
• Demonstrated teamwork skills
• Attention to detail and strong time management skills.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please visit our Careers page to apply directly to our Firm and submit your resume electronically: http://www.smart-biggar.ca/en/careers.cfm.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.