Quantum Technology Corp. is looking to fill a full time position for a specialist in adsorption based gas separation systems.
The position requires an extensive knowledge in adsorption and membrane based gas separation systems, combined with good mechanical and technical skills. The candidate must have comprehensive understanding on chemical process design and chemical engineering thermodynamics, combined with solid hands-on experience. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with good communication skills and provide innovative solutions for our unique industrial applications. Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage complex projects and multi-task is essential. Educational requirements include a minimum of post-graduate degree in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or equivalent. Candidates with a doctorate degree will be preferably considered. A minimum of one (1) year or more of relevant experience is preferred. The candidate will be working in an English speaking environment, but fluency with Mandarin would also be an important asset.
The job duties include:
- Perform research and development activities in adsorption based gas separation systems.
- Adapt state-of-the-art technologies in gas separation systems that fulfills Quantum’s future expansion purposes.
- Process design, process simulation and other complex calculations.
- Conduct process analysis and improvement based on thermodynamic principles.
- Assist in assembling, installing and fixing various instruments/apparatus.
- Other related activities.
The wage for this position is between $30-35/hr (40 hr/week) based on the candidate’s previous experience and background.
Quantum Technology Corporation located Squamish, BC is a global leader in creating custom and standard applications for industrial gases. For over 36 years, our products have offered solutions for the separation, purification and liquefaction of industrial gases. We specialize in helium recovery and liquid helium systems.
The candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV to: