At the LCBO, we promote social responsibility, connect with our consumers through exceptional customer service, and encourage our employees to reach their potential. If you’re looking for a career that will engage and inspire you to excel, let’s get together – join the LCBO.
Our Quality Assurance Laboratory is seeking a dynamic QA systems manager to lead a highly technical team while providing expert analytical and sensory services to internal and external clients. Your main function as QA Laboratory Manager will consist of planning, coordinating, supervising and ensuring the accurate and valid analysis of new and existing LCBO products, consistent with LCBO standards, provincial and federal regulations, LCBO policy and ISO 17025 quality system requirements. In addition, you will plan and supervise research projects, and represent the LCBO at technical meetings and conferences.
If you have the following winning profile, we want to hear from you:
- A minimum of a Master of Science degree or higher in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering coupled with relevant experience in analytical chemistry, microbiological analysis, and sensory analysis.
- Extensive experience in the following analytical technologies: gas chromatography (GC), high-pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC), mass spectrometry (MS), atomic absorption spectrophotometry, GC-IR-MS, ICP-MS, visible spectrophotometry, fluorescence analysis and continuous flow analysis.
- Progressive experience in the areas of quality control, manufacturing and analysis of beverage alcohol products.
- Knowledge of relevant provincial and federal legislation, e.g. Food and Drug Regulations, Consumer Packaging and Labelling Regulations, Liquor Licence Act and Regulations, VQA Regulations, etc.
- Knowledge of, and experience managing, Quality Management Systems to meet ISO 9001 and 17025 requirements.
- Progressive experience in leading a team of highly technical and scientific personnel specializing in the areas of chemical and sensory analysis of beverage alcohol products, alcohol forensic techniques, research and development into new analytical methods and collaborative studies.
- Exceptional administrative, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Sound knowledge of the budget process.
- Excellent project and change management skills, with proven ability in driving complex projects and process improvements to success.
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to build, motivate and lead high-performance teams in a bargaining unit environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Experience in LIMS administration and configuration, and in data analysis.
- Highly developed proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
Complementing the above qualifications are the LCBO leadership competencies:
• Lead people • Build relationships • Drive profitability • Deliver results • Enhance the brand • Integrity
To explore this challenging opportunity, please apply online, at www.lcbo.com/careers, to Human Resource Services, LCBO, quoting File #LCB‑108/2017, by Tuesday, October 31, 2017. We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The LCBO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or testing, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.