The Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering
Assistant Copy Editor Position
The Chemical Institute of Canada is seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Copy Editor. Under the general direction of the Editorial Manager, the Assistant Copy Editor will be responsible for providing administrative, copyediting, and production support. The part-time position will be stationed in Ottawa commencing November 2017.
- Edit and proofread manuscripts. This includes making stylistic, structural, and grammatical corrections, as well as other substantive changes as needed.
- Support editorial staff in all activities leading to publication.
- Enhance figures to ensure that they are per the formatting requirements.
- Liaise with production staff to monitor timescales for all stages in the publishing process.
- Compose marketing and social media content (including Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn) to promote the Journal.
- University degree majoring in English or relevant field (i.e. Linguistics, Journalism)
- Previous editing and proof reading experience is essential
- Effective time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Adobe Acrobat and social media outlets
- Knowledge of LaTex is an asset
- Familiar with 16th Edition of The Chicago Manual of Style
Familiarity with academic publications is an asset, preferably in a science or engineering field.
Qualified candidates should forward their résumé and cover letter to: The Chemical Institute of Canada, Attn: Kyra Van Den Bos (Confidential), 222 Queen Street, Suite 400, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5V9 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is October 25, 2017.
We thank all applicants, but will contact only those selected for interviews.