Commercial Property and Casualty Underwriter
The successful candidate will be proficient in the following:
- Analyzing risks and providing solutions and exceptional customer service to our broker team.
- Promoting, underwriting and quoting new business, renewals and endorsements.
- Marketing company insurance products and services to our broker customers.
- Maintaining positive relationships with brokers, including broker visits
- Maintain good team relations with co-workers and industry contacts.
- Team approach in meeting corporate goals and objectives of the business.
- Efficient handling of work assignments, to include phone calls
- Preferred candidate will have commercial insurance related work experience or a graduate of a university or college business program
- Enrolled in the CIP program or a willingness to enroll as a part of the training process
- On the job training under the supervision of senior underwriters
- Strong negotiation and decision making skills
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and negotiating skills
- Adaptable to changing environment
- Highly motivated able to work as a team player
- Strong Computer Skills
Compensation is comprised of a base salary that is determined by your personal education, work experience and accomplishments in the Insurance Industry.