Senior Operational Auditor - Claims
Due to recent department expansion, the Internal Audit Department has created an additional full-time Senior Operational Auditor - Claims position.
Reporting to the Manager, Operational Audits - Claims, the Senior Operational Auditor - Claims is responsible for planning and conducting claims operational reviews of our regional branch operations, to assess the adequacy of internal controls, the overall effectiveness of operations and to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity for a career-minded individual to gain valuable claims exposure to the Executive Office and all regional branch operations, including the company’s U.S. Branch operations.
• Conducts complex and detailed audits of Executive Office claim functions.
• Conducts comprehensive audits of branch claims for all lines of business (automobile, habitation, farm, and commercial), including privacy areas.
• This includes identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and procedures.
• Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops surveys/memos and prepares final working papers.
• Identifies and documents complex issues and develops recommendations.
• Communicates results using written reports and oral presentations to senior management.
• Develops and maintains positive working relationships with internal clients and various stakeholders.
• Represents Internal Audit on project teams and at management meetings.
• Assists with the development of the department’s annual claims audit plan.
• Assists with conducting special reviews of operational claims areas on an ad-hoc basis.
• Pursues professional development opportunities and association memberships.
• Minimum 5 years Property & Casualty insurance experience, with some Claims Supervisory or Claims Examining experience.
• Commercial claims adjudication experience considered a definite asset.
• Familiarity with Automobile Bodily Injury or Ontario Accident Benefits would also be considered an asset.
• Completion of CIP designation and commitment to obtaining FCIP designation.
• Post-secondary degree/certificate or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability and interest to travel 6 to 8 weeks throughout the year to branch locations within Canada and the United States.
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail.
• Strong organizational/time management skills, including ability to meet project deadlines.
• Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to present issues in a convincing manner.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise audit reports.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information.
This opportunity would be of interest to anyone currently employed in a Claims Examiner or Claims Supervisory position.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Winnipeg based opportunity!
Please apply online by Friday, December 30th, 2016.