The desktop adjuster is responsible for handling the telephone adjudication of multi-line claims; including investigating and evaluating the claims for insurers or third parties, and negotiating settlement of the claims to the satisfaction of all parties. They will provide a consistently high level of customer service within a fast paced environment.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Investigate, Negotiate and settle assigned claims while meeting company standards and quality
- Secure all required loss details and relevant information from insured's and third parties
- Determine coverage and validity of claims and communicates with insured and claimants; and prepares reports.
- Reviews and interprets policy wording to confirm and apply coverage of loss.
- Maintains accurate records based on company standards and procedures, using custom computer systems
- Identifies the need and co-ordination of task assignments utilizing field adjusters
- Accurately and efficiently manage the billing of assigned files, within specific timelines
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with existing clients to further develop business
- Committed to continuous education to keep up to date with industry and legislative issues and changes.
- Post-secondary education, insurance related
- Prior adjusting experience
- Bilingual, French and English
- Obtained or working towards a CIP certification would be an asset
- Licensed for personal and commercial lines
- Good communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service
- Proven adjusting and negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills as well as excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policy wording
- Computer proficiency including office, outlook and web based applications