Reporting to the District Manager, the adjuster is responsible for providing a consistently high level of service by investigating insurance claims for insurers or third parties, and negotiating settlement of the claims to the satisfaction of all parties.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages assigned claims while meeting company standards and quality, including conducting thorough investigations; determining coverage and validity of claims, interviewing and communicating with insured, claimants and witnesses; inspecting claims sites, preparing reports and negotiating settlements
- Maintains accurate records based on company standards and procedures, using company custom computer systems
- Accurately and efficiently manages the billing for assigned files, within specified timelines
- Assists with collection of accounts receivables for assigned claims
- Assists with local marketing of the branch, attends professional and social events, and develops new business
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with existing clients to further develop business
- Requires a high level of mathematical and reasoning ability to calculate and analyse data to arrive at a logical conclusion.
- A high level of dexterity to use tools and climb ladders
- The ability to cope with extreme weather, environmental and driving conditions at any time of day or night.
- Committed to continuous education to keep up-to-date with all industry and legislative issues and changes.
- Duties are carried out with minimal supervision from the District Manager
- May be required to supervise and evaluate support staff within the branch
- Post secondary education; insurance related
- Has or is working toward CIP designation
- Must be licensed or have the ability to obtain a provisional license, and have a minimum of 3 years independent claims adjusting experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license, and own reliable transportation
- Must meet the physical needs of the job, including using ladders to inspect roofing/structural damage, the ability to enter enclosed spaces, and in some locations the ability to travel on watercraft, and to remote areas, when necessary, via aircraft or helicopters.
- Proven adjusting and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and computer proficiency