Broker Training and Communications Specialist
Wawanesa Insurance wants to grow! That’s why we're looking for a sales minded Broker Training and Communications Specialist. We need an experienced individual to create, organize and deliver our sales and business development training programs to our Business Development team and Brokers across the organization. Working with the Executive Office Business Development team, this role will research, develop and deploy training content using a variety of mediums and technology to help lead our team to sales success.
The Broker Training and Communications Specialist contributes to Wawanesa’s success by planning, directing, managing and implementing comprehensive Sales and Business Development training programs and associated communication, to the Business Development team. This role utilizes a blend of learning methodologies as the business gives direction to training needs required.
- Create a comprehensive sales and business development training program and training methodology with direction from the business
- Deliver sales and business development training programs to business development team through various training mediums (web sessions, PowerPoint presentations, in-class).
- Develop, deliver and manage communications pertaining to Sales and Business development to ensure consistent, appropriate and accurate messaging
- Create and manage annual broker training schedule and training budget, inclusive of securing facilities and all required resources
- Review and maintain existing training programs to ensure all content is relevant and up to date
- Ensure ongoing education and development by researching, creating and deploying new training opportunities for the Business Development department.
- Develop and administer an effective evaluation process for all training programs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-4 years adult education/training or relevant experience
- Post-secondary education is required
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and prioritize effective plans that define activities, resources, timelines, and cost estimates.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or other presentation/training tools
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Formal teaching or training education and/or experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in the Insurance Industry is considered an asset
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please apply online by January 22, 2017.