A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. Make the most of your skills and take the opportunity to grow and develop your career. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging work environment. Drive your career with us.
ICBC is an equal opportunity employer, and invites applications from all qualified candidates.
Title: Director Claims Operations
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
The Director Claims Operations will have the opportunity to be part of a leadership team that is focused on contributing to the company strategy by delivering results and providing services that are valued by our customers, in a low-cost, operationally excellent manner.
We are seeking a candidate who has a passion for leading others through change and who can galvanise that passion to inspire their teams, champion continuous improvement and contribute to the growth and development of their staff.
We believe your leadership, collaboration and eagerness to take on new challenges will be an encouraging and positive contribution to Injury Services and ICBC’s leadership team.
• Supports delivery of the Corporation’s strategy: maintaining financial stability; improving value and service for customers; focused operational excellence and aligning people and business capabilities;
• Coaches leaders to create a challenging, rewarding, respectful work environment, where employees are supported to reach their full potential;
• Champions improvement initiatives, fosters a culture of service excellence and sponsors change by encouraging employee feedback and ensuring a genuine understanding and commitment for change;
• Reinforces compliance with unrepresented claims operations practices, policies and procedures;
• Stays abreast of industry, regulatory and company changes or trends as they relate to claims handling;
• Adheres to statutory and regulatory requirements, as well as company compliance requirements including monitoring of adjuster authorities;
• Leverages data and metrics to drive superior performance and informed decision-making and prepares reports accordingly;
• Builds and supports collaborative relationships between departments.
The ideal candidate will have the following education and experience to succeed in this opportunity – after all we are counting on you. We are interested in hearing from all qualified candidates, including those that possess a combination of education and experience and want to make a difference. This role will afford you the opportunity to have a lasting impact on the business.
• Completion of a post-secondary degree in business / finance / commerce or related discipline; •Completion of a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) would be ideal;
• A minimum of 7 years progressive managerial experience in a large, complex environment;
• Knowledge and/or experience with injury claims or a related discipline would be an advantage;
• General knowledge of risk and control principles;
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to provide clear direction, provide coaching to build skills/competencies and to provide meaningful recognition;
• Demonstrates alignment with ICBC’s values;
• Ability to make informed decisions dealing with complex facts in a time sensitive, fast-paced environment;
• Strong problem solving skills with the ability to recognize and manage critical issues and dependencies;
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills with the ability to effectively convey ideas and concepts in a persuasive and eloquent manner;
• Interest and awareness of ICBC‘s claims policies, and a demonstrated understanding of crown corporations procedures and practices.