We have an opening for a Sales and Service Insurance Advisor to join our Personal Insurance Department at our branch office in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
To provide front-line customer service of Personal Lines policies and take responsibility for the retention and account development of existing clients, quote and place new business as required.
- Service on-going client needs, advise on insurance matters, conduct needs assessment, recommend solutions, answer inquiries, conduct care calls and process renewals
- Sell new policies/writing new business to existing or new clients, retain existing book of business
- Quote new business through outbound call initiatives, introductory letters and receive walk-in clients
- Contact Underwriters and Adjusters to discuss guidelines and policy
- Prepare documentation for insurers, complete applications for clients, issue insurance certificates, process changes and review renewals
- Keep current on underwriting rules and workflow processes
- Actively participate in training initiatives
- Participate in community marketing initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- High School and/or Post Secondary Education
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience (previous insurance sales experience preferred)
- RIBO Licensed
- Exposure to Agency Manager is an asset
- Strong customer focus
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities successfully
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If this opportunity interests you, please apply through our careers site:
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BrokerLink is committed to providing an accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process
At BrokerLink, we know there’s more to your decision about where you work than just the work itself. We know that helping our people achieve their career goals in a culture that offers growth and balance is what sets us apart. Our commitment to our employees is to offer workplace benefits that set the standard for them and their families. Along with a professional and fulfilling work environment, we provide competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit programs and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility may be requested and may come in the form of a copy of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.