Manager, Special Investigations Unit
The Manager-Special Investigations Unit contributes to Wawanesa’s success by supporting our claims function by providing leadership to the organizations claims fraud investigation programs. As the Manager-Special Investigations Unit, you will provide oversight of the special investigations claims management across our regions, and will ensure consistent claims service experience through the thorough investigation of highly complex referred files and to fraud prevention initiatives.
- Responsible for the management of claims fraud investigation programs.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and training/development to the special investigation team.
- Accountable for monitoring the efficient and effective performance of staff to ensure claim service levels and customer service.
- Assist with the selection/recruitment of new candidates to work in the Special Investigation Unit.
- Directs staff in the investigation of claims fraud cases.
- Develops and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for staff handling special investigation cases to ensure consistency across the regions, and to contribute to fraud control.
- Review referred claim files to determine the type and scope of investigation required.
- Oversee the ongoing status and direction of investigations into clams involving organized rings.
- Assist, where warranted, in the pursuit of police charges for prosecution, prepare Crown Briefs and provide evidence.
- Understand the application of policy language as it is applied to coverage, liability and settlement of claims Maintain strict confidentiality and ensure compliance with Privacy Regulations.
- Compose periodic high-level reports outlining the status of ongoing investigations, successes achieved, and new trends being observed.
- Assist with identifying software tools and reports that aid in our ability to effectively identify and handled losses which require special investigation.
- Utilize available data to assist with our fraud awareness.
- Maintain rapport with other departments and assist in identifying fraud awareness training opportunities for staff in these departments.
- Conduct QA file reviews and implements Claims performance recommendations.
- Conduct employee performance management reviews and salary review.
- Remain up-to-date with case law, legal tactics, fraud trends and other information that may help limit losses or improve the effectiveness of the detection system
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 10+ years Property & Casualty industry experience, including 5+years related investigative experience.
- College Diploma or University Degree (experience may substitute for education).
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to coach, guide and positively motivate employees.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to travel, where required.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Winnipeg based opportunity!
Please apply online by February 27, 2017