Manager, Subrogation and Salvage Recovery
The Manager-Subrogation & Salvage Recovery contributes to Wawanesa’s success by supporting our claims function by providing leadership to the organizations subrogation & salvage recovery. As the Manager-Subrogation & Salvage Recovery, you will provide oversight of the subrogation & salvage claims management across our regions, and will ensure consistent claims service experience by actively pursuing the recovery and collection of subrogation and/or salvage proceeds.
- Responsible for the management of claims subrogation and salvage recovery programs.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and training/development to the subrogation & salvage recovery teams.
- Accountable for monitoring the efficient and effective performance of staff to ensure claim service levels and customer service.
- Accountable for monitoring the handling of files involving subrogation & salvage recovery.
- Assist with the selection/recruitment of new candidates to work in the subrogation & salvage recovery units in the regions.
- Directs staff in the investigation and handling of files where subrogation and salvage recovery potential exists.
- Develops and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for staff handling claims with subrogation and salvage recovery potential.
- Review large losses with recovery potential in the early stages to ensure that proper investigation is carried out on a timely basis.
- Oversee files, and provide input and direction on files that we are pursuing subrogation recovery on.
- Compose periodic high-level reports outlining the status of/amount of our subrogation and salvage recovery.
- Conduct QA file reviews and implements Claims performance recommendations.
- Remain up-to-date with case law, legal tactics, etc… that may help maximize our subrogation and salvage recovery.
- Ensure that files are being handled on a timely basis so that towing/storage payouts are limited and salvage funds are received on a timely basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 10+ years Property & Casualty industry experience, including subrogation recovery related investigative experience.
- College Diploma or University Degree (experience may substitute for education).
- Effective customer service skills including empathy and concern for our customers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent investigative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to coach, guide and positively motivate employees.
- Ability to travel, where required.
- CIP Designation, or actively working towards same.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides an exciting and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Winnipeg based opportunity!
Please apply online by February 27 2017