Manager, National Catastrope Response Team
Location: Open to location out of Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton or Toronto
The Manager, National Catastrophe Response Team, contributes to Wawanesa’s goal of delivering an exceptional and consistent claims service experience. As the Manager, National Catastrophe Response Team, you will provide oversight and direction to ensure optimal response to catastrophe (CAT) events and to maintain excellent customer service expectations.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Oversee Wawanesa’s response to CAT events.
- Take over management of certain Catastrophe Events on behalf of the affected Region(s).
- Build and maintain relationships with the National CAT Team and Regional operations.
- Support CAT team by providing technical and operational assistance.
- Identify and address training and development needs within the department.
- Conduct QA file reviews and implement Claims Performance recommendations.
- Assist with selection/recruitment of new candidates to work on National CAT Team.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of a training program for the CAT Team, and assist in role out of CAT-related training to the Regions.
- Ensure that Provincial Workplace Health and Safety requirements have been met.
- Review and approve reserves and payments in excess of CAT Team Members level of authority.
- Provide ongoing management-level reporting on CAT losses, including close out rates, cycle-time reviews, etc…
- Assess information on CAT Post Assessment Forms, and apply lessons learned for continual improvement of the CAT team.
- Remain current with property repair procedures and materials, industry trends and developments.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and salary reviews for CAT Team Supervisors.
- Travel as required to CAT events and team locations.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 10+ years’ experience in Property claims, with CAT adjuster experience, and 2+ years of people management experience.
- College Diploma/University Degree (experience may substitute for education).
- CIP designation or working towards designation is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge and experience using XactAnalysis and Xactimate
- Highly proficient time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Sound knowledge of Provincial Workplace Health and Safety regulations with regard to CAT adjusters.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify relationships, problems and issues.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to facilitate collaboration.
- Knowledge of ClaimCenter a definite asset.
- Valid Driver’s license, with good driving record.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the United States.
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides an exciting and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets. Join a Canadian success story! Consider this Winnipeg based opportunity!
Please apply online by February 27, 2017