Are you interested in making a real difference in people’s lives? Would you enjoy helping people get back on their feet when they have suffered a setback? At Intact we help people, businesses and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times.
Recently Intact Financial Corporation was named as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. Whether you aspire to be one of tomorrow’s leaders or a business expert, Intact offers a career with both technical and soft skills training. Intact can help you reach your potential by supporting your growth and development.
We are here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We’re a financially strong and stable Canadian company who is the proven leader in our industry – and we’re looking for you!
As a Claims Representative – Auto, your purpose will be to deliver legendary service to our customers and help them get back on track. You will strive to provide an experience to customers that will be second to none because what matters to them, matters to us.
With this purpose in mind, you will:
• Investigate moderate to highly complex auto claims to ensure a prompt and fair settlement.
• Represent Intact in the negotiation and settlement of outstanding claims.
• Manage claims through the litigation process as required.
• Utilize your understanding of the claims process including analysis of coverage levels as well as quantum and liability assessments.
• Participate in the management of loss and expense reserves.
• Assist with unit priorities including training and mentoring staff, completion of various processes and other duties as assigned by the Unit Manager.
• 1 to 3 years of auto claims experience preferred
• A full working knowledge of the litigation process and provincial legislation/statutes
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
• Capable of navigating multiple systems, including MS Office.
• Strong keyboarding skills and ability to work in a paperless environment
• A college diploma or a university degree (preferred).
• Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation an asset – completion or in progress.
Schedules will be Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am to 5 pm and Statutory Holiday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. You must be flexible to work any of these days and times including Statutory Holidays. New Hires will be provided with a robust onboarding program, adequate training and ongoing team support.
This position is located in our Victoria office.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN CANADA
Applicants must be permanently eligible to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility for permanent roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or Confirmation of Permanent Residence document.
This posting closes on March 12, 2017 at 11:59pm EST.