Location: Flexible. The successful candidate may be based in any of our Sovereign offices. Montreal is the preferred location.
Due to the continued success of our Professional Liability team, we have an excellent opportunity for the right candidate with Professional Liability underwriting experience. Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit and strong business acumen you will support the growth of our Professional Liability department in Quebec and the Atlantic region with occasional support provided to our Central region. With your unique blend of skills and abilities, along with the support and mentorship provided by industry leading professionals, you will succeed in making your mark on the Professional Liability insurance industry in Canada. Some travel will be required as part of this role.
- Work collaboratively with senior team members from Sovereign Specialty Operations, to support the development of business opportunities.
- Conduct research and analysis to determine risk associated with unique business opportunities, renewals, and endorsements.
Act as a brand ambassador for Sovereign General by leveraging industry knowledge, market research and analysis and strong technical ability.
Conduct research and analysis, to determine risk on new business, renewals and endorsements.
Make recommendations for or against coverage based on the risk assessments and ratings.
Negotiate coverage and rates with clients where appropriate, and work in partnership with more senior team members for particularly challenging business.
Participate in developing a team-oriented approach to meeting corporate goals and objectives including written premium and profitability objectives.
Complete rating and reinsurance worksheets. Prepare quotes and other associated administration as required.
Provide advice, guidance and training to less experienced underwriting staff.
- Minimum 5-7 years Professional liability underwriting experience.
- CIP/FCIP designation preferred or current enrolment in CIP/FCIP courses.
- Experience with Directors’ & Officers’ insurance is a definite asset.
- Experience working with Programs is an asset.
- Ability to think outside the box and develop innovative solutions where focus on the client is imperative.
- A keen interest in product development and a desire to learn from industry experts.
- A strong sense of urgency, ambition, and a natural ability to build rapport, influence and network with clients, industry contacts, and other stakeholders.
- Excellent negotiation, critical thinking, and decision making skills, all executed with a high degree of technical proficiency.
- The ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual (French – English).
- Travel will be required.
Your Next Steps:
To learn more about the impact you can make, apply to join Sovereign’s talented team of professionals and stand out from the crowd!
Apply by email at email@example.com
*Please state the job title in your email subject line.