Do you have what it takes to be part of the FirstOnSite team? We look for the following key attributes in our team members:
- Customer Focus
Why choose to be part of the FirstOnSite team?
- Exceptional extended health plan including medical, dental and vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Educational assistance, professional development, and internal growth opportunities
- Opportunity for National career movement
- Healthy work/life balance
- Company vehicle
Reporting to the Senior Vice-President of the Atlantic Region, the Business Development Manager generates new sales revenue through direct contact with targeted brokers and insurers using their knowledge and experience of property loss and commercial property loss insurance. An equally important function is to maintain and enhance programs for these clients through a disciplined call plan and identification of needs.
Once an account is obtained, the Business Development Manager will maintain close contact with the client to understand their needs and improve the overall service quality delivered by FirstOnSite. The BDM will foster existing relationships and spend time cultivating new ones with prospects by cold calling, visits to property loss sites, attendance at appropriate industry events, etc.
The focus of this role is regional, supporting our business in the provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. The role will however be based out of the Dartmouth (N.S.) office, with some travel required.
- Identify sales opportunities according to objectives and time frames outlined in the annual sales and marketing plan
- Develop sales plans, which effectively drive client adoption by addressing buying needs and their decision-making processes
- Attract and cultivate the interest of potential accounts through lunch and learn events, technical presentations and team introductions
- Work with assigned existing accounts to identify new sales opportunities for cross-selling of FirstOnSite services to decision makers and influencers
- Develop and implement a client engagement strategy, which includes regular meetings and communication with all targeted clients
- Ensure expectations of your assigned clients are communicated throughout the organization, and are satisfactorily met and exceeded
- Help maintain account program details and communicate these to management and operations
- Measure performance of claims execution and institute corrective actions with branches
- Minimum five years work experience in insurance-related field sales or business development role, particularly selling intangibles
- University education would be an asset, preferably with a Marketing or Business focus
- CIP, RIBO, CRM or IICRC accreditation is very helpful, but not critical
- A working knowledge of property loss insurance (preferably commercial), adjusting and major broker networks. Building construction or restoration experience would be considered an asset
- Well networked within the property insurance industry with experience with multiple brokerages or insurers
- Track record of selling and relationship building
- Strong knowledge as a user of Microsoft Office Suite
Interested candidates whose resume and cover letter best demonstrate how they meet the qualifications of the position will be contacted for an interview. Candidates must be able to provide a clear criminal background check to be eligible for hire.