Are you highly motivated with proven financial skills and the ability to build client relationships?
We are looking for a qualified individual to join our forward-thinking team of surety professionals involved in the business of contract and commercial surety bonding throughout Canada.
Western Surety Company is one of the largest writers of surety bonds for the construction industry in Canada and is an industry leader in the markets they serve. This position will be involved in the underwriting process to pre-qualify construction companies and provide financial guarantees on their behalf. It also involves developing and maintaining business relationships with insurance brokers and construction clients as well as participation in industry events.
You will be accountable for:
• Underwriting: Responsible for the maintaining, practicing and implementation of the contract surety policies, guidelines, procedures and operating processes for the geographical area of responsibility including assigned contracting accounts and brokers.
• Service: Provide high levels of service to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Business Development: Promotion of the contract surety strategic plans through the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of these plans to targeted and existing brokers and contractors.
• Teamwork: Participate and contribute to a cohesive and functional group environment. Assist where needed and required through policy, procedure, guideline, underwriting support and external business related matters.
What you will bring to the job:
• Post-Secondary Commerce or Business Administration degree preferably in accounting or finance, or a business related educational background.
• Negotiating and marketing abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of customers.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Analytical review of financial statements.
• Surety, financial institution or construction experience would be considered an asset.