Western Surety Company is one of the largest writers of surety bonds for the construction industry in Canada and had earned the distinction of industry leader in the markets they serve.
Western Surety Company requires a person to join its dedicated, forward-thinking team of surety professionals involved in the specialized business of contract and commercial surety bonding throughout Canada. This position will be involved in the underwriting process to pre-qualify businesses for the construction industry as well as develop and maintain business relationships with brokers and clients and participate in industry events.
• Underwriting: Responsible for the maintaining, practicing and implementation of the contract surety policies, guidelines, procedures and operating processes for the geographical area of responsibility including assigned contracting accounts and brokers.
• Service: Provide high levels of service to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Teamwork: Participate and contribute to a cohesive and functional group environment. Assist where needed and required through policy, procedure, guideline, underwriting support and external business related matters.
• Business Development: Promotion of the contract surety strategic plans through the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of these plans to targeted and existing brokers and contractors.
Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
• Post-Secondary degree, Commerce or Business Administration, preferably in accounting or finance, or a business related educational background.
• Possess analytical, negotiating and marketing abilities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of customers in a clear, concise and effective manner.
• Ability to resolve requests, situations and underwriting or business related issues effectively with increased complexities, timeliness and importance.
• Enhanced level of analytical review of financial statements.
• Surety, financial institution or construction experience would be considered an asset.