The Co-operators currently has an opening on our senior leadership team for Vice President, Claims. The position, located in Guelph, Ontario, provides strategic leadership and direction to our national property and casualty claims team across Canada.
As Vice President Claims, you will develop and implement strategic and operational core business objectives related to claims efficiency, client service, staff relations, implementation of national claims practices and file handling standards for all claims disciplines and sound financial management of claims losses, reserves and expenses. This role operates in a fast-paced business environment that requires strong leadership through change and communication and planning that fosters co-operation and support. Building and maintaining external relationships with regulators, industry, vendors and third party providers is critical.
- University degree in business management or a related discipline (or equivalent) is required. MBA or similar broad-based business qualification is preferred.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible leadership experience including successful management experience in both a field and a corporate environment
- Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP) designation.
- In depth knowledge of Claims operations including claims management, general business management, insurance practices, generally accepted financial management principles, human resources policies and practices
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to build sustainable relationships with both executive level and with business unit operations.
- Visible management style with demonstrated ability to develop and build confidence and trust of employees, business partners and stakeholders.
- Track record of successfully building a high performing team.
- Demonstrated leadership in developing and managing in a complex and dynamic environment during times of significant transition and change.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and successfully manage and resolve contentious issues and conflicts.
- Accomplished strategic thinker with the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas and present these ideas to senior management and other stakeholder groups.
- A leadership position with one of the Best Employers in Canada
- Opportunity for career development including education opportunities, continuous training and career planning
- Flexible schedules to manage work/life commitments including personal days off
- Commitment to staff wellness including a comprehensive employee assistance program
- A generous compensation package including a competitive salary, a pension and benefits program, share purchase and employee incentive programs and paid vacation
- Opportunity to give back to your community through a directed donations program and paid volunteer days
Applicants must be legally allowed to work in Canada upon hire. Proof of eligibility for permanent roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation of permanent residence (or, in the case of temporary workers, of an open work permit).
If you are interested in a career with The Co-operators, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27, 2017.