This position will service a substantial portfolio of commercial P&C business requiring a demonstrated underwriting ability and a commitment to customer service excellence. The successful candidate will be involved in the underwriting of large to medium sized commercial accounts.
- Assess and evaluate risk for new and existing business including complex accounts.
- Assist more junior underwriters with applying corporate underwriting standards and share knowledge and skills with others in the branch.
- Analyze reports to determine adequate exposure and loss rating
- Maintain awareness of market trends, pricing levels and policy form amendments
- Negotiate renewal terms for the retention of business
- Utilize loss control and risk management practices in the underwriting process.
- Respond to inquiries from brokers regarding modification to policy files in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Work with brokers to develop new business.
- Develop and maintain excellent broker relationships and management of assigned broker portfolio
- Provide above average customer service
- Assist with training seminars
- Assist with performing self audits in the branch
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- 8-10 years of commercial P&C or Multi-lines business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good computer skills; knowledge of Word and the RTM System
- Ability to meet challenging deadlines and perform effectively under pressure
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills