The Sovereign General Insurance Company is looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial leader to motivate and provide guidance to our Equipment Breakdown team in Eastern Canada. The successful candidate will be adept at marketing and implementing creative Equipment Breakdown solutions, work closely with internal and external stakeholders to maximize business opportunities and provide responsible leadership and technical direction on Equipment Breakdown risks.
Production & Underwriting
Conduct analysis to determine risk on new business, renewals and programs.
Evaluate and make recommendations for or against coverage based on the risk.
Negotiate coverage and rates and /or program requirements for brokers.
Assist in developing a team-oriented approach to meeting company goals and objectives including written premium and profitability objectives.
Conduct ongoing reviews of existing accounts including implementation of audit procedures, to ensure the quality of accounts underwritten and adherence to procedures and philosophy.
Customer Service and Marketing
Develop and maintain positive constructive relationships with our brokers, Co-operators colleagues and other stakeholders.
Participate in broker visits to assist in identifying and developing Equipment Breakdown underwriting opportunities.
Obtain information from brokers regarding overall quality of service.
Team Work Management
Lead a small team of dedicated staff, geographically spread across eastern Canada, by embracing the principles of our game changing culture.
Determine correct staff compliment in terms of the necessary skills and abilities to optimize team success.
Function as a mentor, assist with removing barriers to success and support training and development of staff.
Ensure work is appropriately planned, assigned and reviewed.
Participate in performance reviews, goal setting and annual salary review process.
Ensure documentation and files comply with legislative requirements (Canada Revenue Agency, Privacy, Labor Standards, and Insurance Industry Standards).
Ensure all electronic and hard copy documentation standards are communicated to staff and met.
Participate in projects, meetings, conferences as required.
Undertake any other related appropriate duties and activities as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years of industry experience, with propensity for making informed, effective business decisions within a complex environment.
- Strong technical expertise and sound underwriting skillset in Equipment Breakdown.
- The ability to motivate and inspire a high-performance team through effective performance management, goal setting and leadership.
- The ability to build rapport, negotiate, think critically, and deliver innovative risk solutions.
- CIP/FCIP and/or CRM designations an asset.
- A post secondary degree or diploma in business, risk management or related field.
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset.
- Some travel will be required.
Your Next Steps:
To learn more about the impact you can make, apply to join Sovereign’s talented team of professionals and stand out from the crowd!
Apply by email at careers.HR@sovgen.com
*Please state the job title in your email subject line.
Sovereign General Insurance is one of the major insurers in Canada, dealing exclusively with independent brokers. It is also a member of The Co-operators Group of Companies, giving it access to resources one would expect from a leading Canadian owned multi-product insurance company. The company emphasizes an innovative and entrepreneurial approach, endowing its staff with a sufficient level authority to be responsive regionally to the needs of brokers and customers.
Why Choose Sovereign?
- We provide a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and encourage a positive work/life balance.
- We help you maximize your potential through ongoing training and educational opportunities.
- We focus on our people as our most important resource, the knowledge, expertise, creativity and empowerment of our insurance sets us apart.
For more information about Sovereign, please visit: http://www.sovereigngeneral.com/public_docs/careers/WhySovereign.php
The Co-operators group of companies are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of employment barriers and discrimination. Accommodations will be made for qualified applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. If you receive a request for an interview which will require an accommodation to support your participation, please consult with the hiring manager as soon as practical so that suitable accommodations can be arranged.