Need to earn some extra cash on a casual part-time basis? Do you have an outgoing personality and enjoy talking to people? We're looking for enthusiastic and articulate individuals to work with a team to demonstrate safety displays at trade shows and public events.
The Gabor Group is hiring 4 individuals to be part of its event staff roster between April and November (most intensive for June-August). Events will be primarily daytime events on Fridays and weekends. Event staff will gain valuable experience working on not-for-profit community outreach programs. The tour will travel to community events throughout Alberta, meeting many new people, demonstrating safety simulators and working with exciting new interactive technology.
- Setting up, operating, tearing down and loading the displays and exhibits at events
- Keeping an inventory of promotional material, displays and equipment
- Filling out detailed forms and reports after each event
- Engaging consumers face-to-face to demonstrate the displays and communicate key messages
- Initiating and acting upon all inquiries in a prompt and friendly manner
- Ensuring a safe and fun environment for all participants
- Traveling with another ambassador to various locations around Alberta
- One-off events are a minimum of 4 hours
- Training will be provided
- Flexible schedule
- Public speaking,experience with demonstrating work such as freelance performing (acting, singing, dancing) or previous tradeshow work is an asset
- Friendly and personable
- Must have a strong customer focus and enjoy teamwork
- Highly motivated with excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work with little supervision in a fast paced environment
- Willing and able to work shifts, including some evenings and weekends
- Punctual, professional and accountable
- High school diploma. Post secondary degree a definite asset
- Insurance background a definite asset
- A class 5 Full driver's license or higher and a clean driving abstract. For some events you may be driving a cargo van or small truck and trailer.
- You must be over the age of 25 for insurance purposes. Additional driver training is considered a definite plus.