We are currently seeking a Casualty Manager with experience including Alpha Brokers. You will have strong analytical and problem solving abilities in addition to above-average negotiation and communication skills while leading the casualty department in Canada.
- Develop and execute underwriting strategies to maximize growth and profitability for the casualty portfolio in Canada.
- Produce and underwrite profitable new and renewal business based on underwriting guidelines.
- Develop new and maintain existing relationships with brokers in support of business retention while working with customers to determine their insurance needs.
- Solid technical knowledge of processing methods and time restraints on new and renewal business.
- Superior relationship building and negotiations with brokers.
- Conducting client presentations.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated.
- 7+ years of work experience underwriting medium to large casualty risks.
- Completion of insurance courses would be an asset.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent would be an asset.
- Use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word & Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Working knowledge of German and/or French considered an asset.