We currently have a fulltime position available for a Commercial Lines Manager in our Vancouver office. Reporting to the BC Branch Manager, the successful individual will be focused on leading a team of Underwriters and Coordinators, cultivating and maintaining relationships with our valued brokers, and will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a profitable book of commercial lines business. The Commercial Lines Manager shares responsibility in supporting the strategic direction and achieving established goals within British Columbia.
In order to be successful, you will possess the following:
- Your leadership and technical expertise will allow you to provide strong leadership while overseeing the Commercial Lines Business, providing effective guidance and mentoring to a team, both in office & in remote locations (Commercial Lines Underwriters & Coordinators).
- A strong background in insurance, particularly commercial underwriting will be necessary to monitor, achieve and maintain company service standards while ensuring the team understands and complies with relevant regulations.
- Depth of understanding of the industry and the role will assist you in identifying key transaction risks and developing and implementing processes for mitigation of such risks. You will rely on your subject matter expertise to oversee and provide direction on large or unusual risks.
- An understanding of the pulse of the business will ensure success in monitoring the volume and profitability of the business line and implementing corrective action where required.
- Effective communication skills and a team approach will be of importance while conducting large loss reviews with head office Technical Underwriting team.
- You will draw upon your commitment to exceptional customer service when responding to external customer enquiries with respect to underwriting decisions.
- Your ability to think analytically will assist you in developing various reports, conducting analysis, and making thoughtful recommendations.
- A commitment to continuous improvement is important as you will conduct file audits and develop summary reports.
- Commitment to the business and relationships will be valuable as you facilitate regular broker reviews.
- Your keen business sense will assist you in working closely with the Branch Manager to ensure branch profitability targets are met.
- Strong initiative and a ‘get it done’ attitude will be of importance as you lead projects and see them through to completion.
- In-depth familiarity with commercial underwriting
- Previous management experience an asset
- Innovative, forward thinker able to manage multiple priorities
- Solid interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and confidence in decision making
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and experience
- CIP or FCIP designation an asset
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships
- Exceptional Negotiation skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Just a few of the ways we do this:
- offering a compressed work week which allows for a day off every four weeks
- 3 additional personal days (I Feel too Good to Work Days)
- generous vacation entitlement
Along with a competitive base pay, our total compensation package includes:
- a comprehensive benefit package including a wellness spending account
- company and employee performance driven bonuses
- defined contribution pension plan with 100% employer matching
- insurance reimbursement on your personal automobile and home insurance policies
- educational assistance and designation bonuses
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build a career, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.