Are you a team player who is looking for an opportunity to apply knowledge of accident claims in a dynamic office environment? Then consider this position as a possible next step in your career path. Our team is dedicated to providing a wide range of accident claims support to SLH Transport. We offer state of art technology in a supportive team environment with opportunity for advancement.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing all vehicle related accident claims and negotiate all recoveries and/or settlements. Monitor and maintain status of claims and demand letters along with litigation matters pertaining to recovery and subrogation.
- Reviewing claims from insurance companies and conduct investigations for potential recovery.
- Monitor the status of claims, follow up as required and close files.
- Obtaining from vendors repair costs and quotations for replacement parts, labour, etc.
- Provide recommendations to Director on liability analysis and quantum.
- Keep records on all claims including recovery and subrogation.
- Develop, recommend and implement changes to the recovery process.
- Other duties as required.
Success in this role calls for demonstrated PC skills, good organizational skills and knowledge of the insurance industry. The ideal job candidate will have experience in transportation and claims adjusting.
Other qualifications for this job include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS)
- Knowledge of the auto insurance industry and trends
- Ability to work in a face paced environment
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Previous experience as a Collision Appraiser would be an asset
This position provides an excellent opportunity to broaden your skills and strengthen your accident claims knowledge and interpretation abilities in preparation for progressing to other exciting career opportunities of increasing responsibility within SLH Transport Inc.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please be advised that only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
SLH Transport Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please self identify when applying.