Are you a highly-motivated detail oriented insurance professional experienced in property casualty wording development and coverage analysis?
Do you want to be part of a team that influences decisions across all aspects of the property and casualty market - including research and product development, business analysis, marketing, forms development, rates and claims and underwriting strategy? Are you a people-person who’s energized by independent work efforts contributing to team interactions? Then read on!
You’ll work in a team setting with our Insurance Services Department staff on projects that involve the review, development and maintenance of insurance forms and wordings.
Collaboration will form a core part of your day-to-day activities and projects will be assigned that provide exposure to a wide range of insurance products and risk profiles.
You will work with member company stakeholders in Ontario and across Canada.
You must be able to travel within Canada and must be able to accommodate a schedule that may require work outside of typical 9am-5pm hours.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with commercial (including farm) property & liability coverage offerings in the property casualty insurance industry
- Experience in any of the operational disciplines. Underwriting, adjusting, loss prevention or risk management will be considered relevant
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in insurance business
- CIP designation or are actively working towards it
- Ability to work with, develop, edit and interpret commercial (including farm) coverage wordings and risk selection guidelines
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams from across the property/casualty spectrum
- Ability to focus on providing service, determining needs, and providing insurance technical assistance to multiple stakeholders including insurers, members of the distribution chain and reinsurers
- Ability to produce accurate, detail-oriented work and understand strategic goals and objectives
- Highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office, and able to learn new software programs quickly
You’ll work out of our LEED certified office located by the 401 in Cambridge. With award-winning environmental technology throughout the building, employees enjoy a positive workplace that supports a balanced, healthy and family-oriented lifestyle.
A large fitness facility, outdoor walking path and other healthy living initiatives complement our green building. OMIA provides competitive compensation, benefits and pension packages.
If we've sparked your interest and you are up for a challenge, we encourage you to submit your resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.