As a Claims Customer Service Representative, your purpose will be to deliver legendary service to our customers and help them get back on track. You will strive to provide an experience to customers that will be second to none because what matters to them, matters to us.
With this purpose in mind, you will:
• Travel to Service Centre locations within Alberta for extended periods of time.
• Investigate moderate to highly complex auto claims to ensure a prompt and fair settlement.
• Represent Intact in the negotiation and settlement of outstanding claims.
• Manage claims through the litigation process as required.
• Utilize your understanding of the claims process including analysis of coverage levels as well as quantum and liability assessments.
• Participate in the management of loss and expense reserves.
• Assist with unit priorities including training and mentoring staff, completion of various processes and other duties as assigned by the Unit Manager.
• 1 to 3 years of claims experience preferred
• A full working knowledge of the litigation process and provincial legislation/statutes
• Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively
• Capable of navigating multiple systems, including MS Office.
• Strong keyboarding skills and ability to work in a paperless environment
• A college diploma or a university degree (preferred).
• Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation an asset – completion or in progress.
• Hold a valid drivers license and willing to provide a drivers abstract upon request
Schedules will be Monday to Saturday 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and Statutory Holiday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. You must be flexible to work any of these days and times including Statutory Holidays. During the contract period, there will be no time off allotted for vacation time. New Hires will be provided with a robust onboarding program, adequate training and ongoing team support.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN CANADA
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility for temporary roles may come in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation and/or a Canadian work permit, which authorizes you to work for the duration of the assignment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly on our careers site at: https://careers.intactfc.com/psc/wlpshrprod-i/EXTERNAL/EXTERNAL/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?LanguageCd=ENG&Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&PostingSeq=1&JobOpeningId=113301
This posting closes May 3, 2017 11:59 PM EST.