FirstOnSite is looking for an experienced Project Manager to be part of our growing team in Dartmouth!
The Project Manager is responsible for the success of assigned projects, in conjunction with the property owner, adjuster, or insurance company. The Project Manager ensures that the project is completed on time and to the required quality standard within agreed specifications. The focus of the PM role is to scope projects and estimate the work required to restore properties to their pre-disaster state.
- Interacts with clients to develop applicable solutions that will respond to their situation and needs.
- Prepares accurate quotations through job costing and estimation, ensuring target margins are met.
- Manages all aspects of water claims i.e. mitigation, equipment selection, equipment staging, psychometrics and reports.
- Ensures that Emergency and Rebuild timelines are met and in alignment with policy and guidelines.
- Participates in growing the best quality team to achieve the objectives of our corporate strategic plan.
- Ensures project requirements are being fulfilled and deadlines and milestones are achieved.
- Inspects progress and work quality throughout the project.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and acts as a prime liaison with policy holders, adjustors and insurance providers.
- Resolves disputes and complaints, where possible.
- Generates new leads through relationships with adjusters, property managers, and other key players.
Factors for Success
- Detailed understanding of reconstruction practices for property that has suffered water, wind, mould, fire and vandalism damages
- Knowledge of building construction & codes
- Knowledge of the laws and ordinances regulating building construction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Office Skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience with Xactimate
- Basic accounting competency with an understanding of invoicing, billing procedures
- Experience planning and monitoring budgets
*Must be able to provide proof of clean criminal record and valid driver's license
Apply online! https://firstonsite.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?id=2256