We are currently looking to add an experienced Multiline Adjuster to our Nanaimo Branch team, preferably able to immediately qualify for an adjuster's license in British Columbia.
Why join ClaimsPro? We are proud of our people and it shows:
- you will be part of a team of over 700 independent adjusters from 9 other provinces, 2 territories;
- your career can grow into other lines of claims, branch management, across Canada into other branches, or new roles - the sky is the limit;
- you will work on the industry-leading iAdjust software, designed by an adjuster for adjusters and kept modern with our in-house team of programmers and developers;
- you will be supported by experienced local claims support, centralized after hours support, and dictation services;
- your claims load is driven by senior executives and business development staff from coast to coast;
- you are compensated for your billable hours and other costs. Also included is a flex-benefit plan that allows you to customize the coverage that is right for you with the options for taxable and non-taxable health care spending;
- you are working in parallel with other SCM Insurance services - RMS Risk Management, XPERA Risk Mitigation & Security, ESM Emergency Security Management, SCM Health Solutions, IPG International Programs Group, PARIO Engineering and Environmental Sciences, and OPTA Information Intelligence.
- your continuous education fees are reimbursed to maintain your license;
- your workload is balanced to ensure you can maintain a high quality level and manage your abeyance;
- and our local office in Nanimo will welcome you, provide you with a nice office, friendly coworkers and a place to grow your career.
Visit www.scm.ca or www.claimspro.ca to learn more
Competencies required to succeed
- Effective Analytical Skills
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Relationship Building skills
- Demonstrated and proven leadership skills
- Sense of urgency and responsiveness
- The Independent Adjuster actively adjusts claims while ensuring that business development opportunities are maximized. This involves marketing and follow-up of opportunities in a timely manner. The profile duties create a dynamic portfolio requiring extremely well-honed organizational skills that enable day to day activities to be completed while allowing efficient and effective progress of file management activities.
- To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate should have background/experience in Property, Liability, Auto, Accident & Benefits (Section B), and Bodily Injury claims. Although this position will adjust multi-line claims, the bulk of the work is in property.Responsibilities include;
- Prompt contact and follow up with policy holders and claimants
- Investigate the cause and report to clients with solid recommendation
- Scope and establish quantum of damages.
- Negotiate fair and satisfactory settlements
- Perform duties assigned to him/her in compliance with established work standards, policies and procedures.
Education, knowledge and experience required Minimum of 2 years adjusting experience
- Must qualify for a level 1 BC Adjuster’s license
- Ongoing commitment to education and learning.
- Effective analytical skills, including identification of cause and effect dynamics
- Good investigative manner
- Able to draw valid conclusions and effectively communicate them.
- Ability to interpret complex documents of a legal nature, perform and understand advanced numerical calculations including analysis of comparative information.
Advanced communication skills including:
- Effective written skills including those of a technical nature
- Effective oral skills, including listening, interviewing, negotiating, must be able to flex style appropriate to audience.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage conflicting priorities in an effective manner.
- Proactive and positive approach to customer service ensuring that all inquiries are effectively dealt with in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills allowing you to effectively deal with conflict and difficult situations.
- Strong commitment to ongoing education and learning.