BCAA is proud to be named one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada 2016!
BCAA has openings for regular full-time Senior Insurance Advisor roles in multiple service locations within the province of British Columbia. As one of BCAA’s Member-facing team members, the Senior Insurance Advisor is a driven insurance professional dedicated to delivering amazing Member experiences and continuous revenue growth through the consultative selling of BCAA’s products and services, with a focus on homeowners’ and travel insurance.
The Senior Insurance Advisor is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with all of our Members by reviewing coverages and making recommendations and through cross-selling other BCAA products and services. The Senior Insurance Advisor collaborates with a team who is passionate about igniting unparalleled Member loyalty that enables BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
Sells and upgrades BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members
- Through consultative in-person or over the phone sales, acquires new home and travel insurance sales; where required, acquires new BCAA Membership and additional products and services
- Renews home and travel insurance policies by reviewing current coverages and making recommendations; where required, renews BCAA Memberships and additional products and services
- Reviews product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
- Deepens Member relationships through cross-selling other BCAA products and services
- Creates and follows up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
- Collaborates with BCAA and other supplier’s Underwriters
- Meets all prescribed sales, business-building and retention targets, and BCAA and AAA/CAA Member experience goals, best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
Manages Member/customer accounts and concerns
- Updates Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
- Processes home and travel insurance endorsements and cancellations; where required, process endorsements and cancellations for BCAA Memberships and additional products and services
- Where required, issues new and renewal Membership transactions and Member entitlement products such as passport photos, international driving permits, Member maps, tour books and camp guides
- Resolves Member concerns by following BCAA’s Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Processes and manages Member/customer documents
- Processes payments and follow up on outstanding payments
- Issues new and renewal home and travel insurance policies, cancellations and endorsements; where required, issue new, renewal, endorsements and cancellations for BCAA Memberships and additional products and services
- Meets all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
- Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and insurance manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
- Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
- Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitor’s product offerings
- Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
Other duties, as assigned
Completion of Grade 12
2 current and consecutive years of general insurance experience, with 1 year experience in selling homeowners’ insurance
Level 2 insurance license
Demonstrated sales productivity and selling skills, with proven ability to balance customer needs, disciplined risk management and revenue growth
Completion of Autoplan Essentials
Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to prioritize activities
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment and maintain a high level of professionalism
Proven judgment and decision-making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations.
Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Ability to meet prescribed sales, business-building, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- CAIB certification
- Completion of BCAA insurance-related training
- Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
- Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographics
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.