We are currently seeking an experienced Claims Supervisor for our Claims Team. Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President of Claims, this role is responsible for managing Claims Analysts, providing leadership and technical support within the department and participating in various strategically focused projects.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE:
The applicant must possess strong communication skills to effectively service our Member Companies while also acting as a liaison with our reinsurance partners. Sound analytical skills are a requirement to focus on the administration and successful resolution of claims.
This role involves leadership through management of employee professional development and performance. The successful candidate will support continuing education, demonstrate creativity and be motivated to become a valuable member of our Claims department team.
This position involves a high level of responsibility performing a range of functions with respect to the resolution of claims files, including:
- Reviewing and analyzing complex claims files with an emphasis on liability, commercial, tort auto and non-auto claims and agricultural losses
- Possessing knowledge of case reserves
- Reporting to our Reinsurers
- Acting as a resource in the development of claims handling strategies, and ultimately claim file resolution
- Managing and developing staff
- Fostering a positive working relationship with other department supervisors and management
- Participating in the creation and completion of overall Claims department annual goals
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- A college or university diploma is required, preferably in a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years multi-line claims handling experience
- Must have experience handling tort claims
- Experience with commercial, product liability and casualty loss experience would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the investigation and strategies required for successful subrogation on property and casualty claims considered an asset
- Exposure to claims in excess of $500,000
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Superior technical skills
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience, at least three (3) to five (5) years
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills
- Reinsurance knowledge considered an asset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or similar designation or working towards their CIP
HOW TO APPLY:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. To apply, visit our website, www.farmmutualre.com/careers and complete our Employment Application by Monday, May 22, 2017.