Wawanesa is growing! Do you want to help shape our future and further your career in the Insurance Industry?
In this role you will leverage your expert knowledge and expand it further while being empowered to mentor and lead others. Working under minimal supervision you will lead the development and maintenance of insurance offerings and underwriting principles that support and promote corporate strategies for Personal Lines business. You will work collaboratively with our regional offices across Canada that utlize our Broker network as our product distribution system.
- Lead the analysis and implementation of product and rate reviews to ensure that our rates are competitive and that appropriate premiums are charged
- Participate in research and development initiatives to provide innovative and competitive products to meet our customer needs
- Develop and present product training programs to a variety of audiences
- Mentor and develop team members through the sharing of knowledge and best practices
- Develop and maintain underwriting guidelines and procedures
Provide risk acceptance approvals to regional underwriters while sharing
- knowledge and best practices
- Develop and enhance productive business relationships by liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Leads regional underwriting audits and reviews to ensure consistency and find areas for improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of ten years Property and Casualty industry experience
- Completion of post-secondary education
- Completed CIP or equivalent Property and Casualty industry designation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual in French would be considered an asset
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to conduct detailed analysis of information, and to select and implement best solutions in a timely manner
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate at the right level for the audience and present information or arguments in a convincing manner
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, with the ability to develop and prioritize effective plans that define activities, resources, timelines, and cost estimates
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to develop quality standards and mentor other teams members in adhering to them
- Ability to facilitate high team moral
- Ability and willingness to travel
Wawanesa provides its employees with an environment conducive to achieving their goals for personal performance and career development. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, profit sharing, benefits and a defined benefit pension plan). The benefit package is comprehensive and far ranging. Wawanesa provides an exciting and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, please apply online by May 19, 2017.