Senior Manager, Rates & Classification
Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)
The Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) is seeking a highly motivated senior leader to join the Automobile Insurance Division (AID) and lead a team of professionals in the Rates and Classification Unit.
The Rates and Classification Unit analyzes and recommends approval of auto insurance rates, risk classification plans, underwriting rules and forms. This unit also analyzes filings for compliance with the Insurance Act and its regulations.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
- Plan, manage and provide risk-based strategic/business leadership for the delivery of automobile insurance rates and classification review, approval and compliance consistent with requirements under the Insurance Act.
- Lead the development/recommendation of the FSCO strategy for the auto insurance underwriting and rate review process.
- Lead and manage the development and refinement of best practices, service standards, performance measures as they relate to the review of auto insurance rate and risk classification filings.
- Plan and manage the delivery of unit technical review and analysis operations related to the technical components of rate and risk classification system filings, including the development and refinement of filing guidelines, policy directives and bulletins.
- Lead partnership relationships with management/staff across FSCO to ensure alignment of auto insurance rates and classification review, and compliance and risk assessment operations with the FSCO mandate.
- Manage and develop a team of professional staff by promoting a productive team environment which reflects a culture of excellence and an inclusive and diverse workplace.
How do I qualify?
- You have demonstrated success in strategic leadership in a fast-paced environment and in fostering an environment of continuous improvement and excellence
- You have strong leadership skills and have demonstrated the ability to lead, motivate, and mentor high-energy, professional staff and managers
- You affirm, promote and demonstrate commitment to diversity, accessibility and inclusiveness
Relationship Management and Communication Skills:
- You have superior oral presentation skills and experience synthesizing complex information and providing strategic advice to senior executives and stakeholders
- You have superior stakeholder relationship management skills and a demonstrated ability to balance the government’s policy objectives with stakeholder interests
- You have experience building and maintaining relationships across the organization as well as with external partners in order to gather input and build consensus and deliver on priorities
- You have a solid understanding of government policy development and approvals processes
- You have experience in leading regulatory policy development, implementation, and delivery initiatives
- You have strong issues management skills and political acuity
- You are familiar with financial regulation and auto insurance and are aware of current trends within the sector
Duration: 1 Permanent
Salary range: $99,005 - $113,156 per year
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, May 31, 2017, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=108096. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Talent Search Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.